Thursday, September 20, 2012

Uwingu

I will not plan on doing posts like this on a regular basis, and I am a bit surprised I am writing this post myself. I would like to throw my name into the hat, and throw my support behind Uwingu. 

Why?

While some may argue exactly how much Mathematics is considered a Science, I share many of the same experiences and pains with other graduate students and researchers in the Sciences.  I know for a fact that quite a few of the numbers they throw out in the start of their latest video are incredibly accurate.  As 10k would pay my tuition and my teaching salary for a typical semester. 

Not to mention I feel this ties in with my Curiosity rover post, and I could go on for ever and ever about how I feel that in general more and more knowledge is imperative to the advancement of the human race.  How you wish to prioritize that acquisition of knowledge is up to you, but I personally feel the ability to better understand the physical universe, its properties, and better improve our ability to use those properties to better us as a civilization can only lead to incredible things.  I mean just imagine what other issues we could dedicate incredibly bright people towards solving if we had an affordable, and clean way to get clean water or energy?

It's in part of goals like these that I am making a big push to focus on World Community Grid.


So please consider supporting Uwingu.  Their Indiegogo page is found  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Community Grid Signature