Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I did not post this goal for the year I set 1 week ago ( I know it was a very long term goal), but seeing as how I was close to the Gold Medal Ranking on World Community Grids Human Proteome Folding Phase 2. Seeing that it was close to possible, I put forth all of my limited ( for the holiday seasons) crunching efforts towards getting that badge.

As you can see by the side bar, and the World Community Grid Page I have, I successfully reached my goal, during WCG's nightly/ evening compilation of statistics. I made it before 2012 was up, by less than a single task. I was honestly worried going into today, as I was almost a full two days away, and while I had several tasks awaiting validation I was curious how many would actually validate in time for the recomputing of statistics.

 Feeling happy that I reached that goal, I am going back to crunching a wide variety of tasks on my computer, though I have a few backlogged tasks to clear first. Also seeing as how it is now 1am EST and just past midnight CST where I am currently residing for the holidays, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone that 2013 is full of health, for yourself, your family, and your computers ( especially those that crunch). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Community Grid Signature